Re: problem with alignments

Ionutz Borcoman <borco@borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using an alignment to center some fixed containers in the cells of
> some boxes.
> I use for this:
>
> gtk_alignment_new( 1, 1, 0.5, 0.5)
>
> Every fixed container houses a pixmap (they implement some shaped
> buttons).
>
> The problem is that I do not know how to force the fixed not to grow
> when the alignment grows. Is it possible ?

The first two parameters, that you've set to 1.0, 1.0, are
xscale and yscale. If you set them to 0., 0. then the child
won't expand.

> The widgets work ok (aka I can leave them in the current state), but
> they look ugly when I use the Pixmap theme because the fixed grows and
> it has a uniform color instead of the pixmap used for normal background.

The fixed widget really was never upgraded to work well
with themes. It probably should be a NO_WINDOW widget; but
some apps currently do access its window.

Regards,
                                        Owen