problem with alignments

Hi,

I am using an alignment to center some fixed containers in the cells of
some boxes.
I use for this:

gtk_alignment_new( 1, 1, 0.5, 0.5)

Every fixed container houses a pixmap (they implement some shaped
buttons).

The problem is that I do not know how to force the fixed not to grow
when the alignment grows. Is it possible ?

The widgets work ok (aka I can leave them in the current state), but
they look ugly when I use the Pixmap theme because the fixed grows and
it has a uniform color instead of the pixmap used for normal background.

TIA,

Ionutz
--
Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb!