Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: Tracking down clobbered pointers and mysterious crashes

I forgot to mention: the reason I suspected object creation on
the stack to be a potential problem is that a while ago I experienced
some rather hard to debug crashes where the stack was clobbered
into oblivion. The cause of these turned out to be that I attempted to
allocate a 2MB array on the stack (I hadn't realized how big would
turn out to be) ... once I changed this to dynamic allocation everything
worked OK again ... while the individual Gtk-- objects may be small,
I do this (stack allocation) all over the Gui which totals up to quite a lot
of objects ...

Thanks again
--> R

Guillaume Laurent <glaurent@worldnet.fr> on 05/21/99 07:57:01 AM