Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: Tracking down clobbered pointers and mysterious crashes

> > (is this in some way related to the fact that some egcs
> > versions/platorms seem to require the -fhuge-objects flag to
> > compiler?)
>
> Yes. This is exactly what I was referring to.

Pardon me on being a pain, but this raises another question. I've
used 3 version of egcs on my machine (RH 5.2 and RH 6.0) without
needing this flag. I've heard from one user on an intel Linux box
and another on a Sparc Sun box (both using some relativeley recent
egcs versions) who did needed this option.

If we're all using egcs, why would specific versions or hardware/OS
platforms need this options why other (similar) ones do? I understand
the idea behind this option/functionality, but can't quite seem to get
a consistent picture on it ...

Thanks
--> R