RE: [gtk-list] Re: FW: Re: GLib 1.2.2

Thanks Erik, Michael.K.Johnson and Robert

Now I can compiled the base.c by :

gcc base.c -o base $(gtk-config --cflags --libs)

thanks again..

BUT now I upgrade the GLIB & GTK to 1.2.3

Configure glib 1.2.3 no problem.

I edit /etc/ld.so.conf .. add a line /usr/local/lib and run ldconfig.

Configure gtk 1.2.3 ........problem....
	GLIB 1.2.* not found.

Few days ago I tried configure gtk 1.2.2 by using :
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
	Export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

The result was perfect. But 1.2.3 can't. Next I do is:
	./configure --with-glib-prefix=/usr/local
I works!

But now problem again in compiling the base.c :

gcc base.c -o base $(gtk-config --cflags --libs)

There's a lot of lines prompt out(I guess it's compiling line -- something missing or not found).

Do I did something wrong??? HELP!.....now I re-installed RH5.2 again. I can compile the base.c again.
(Actually I don't know how to uninstall in Linux environment - got problem re-install = BAD IDEA right - anyone can help on this??)

Is that any step I missed.

HELP ME...

Kenny Leong