From: kenny leong <leongtk@tcie.com.my>
To: <gtk-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 1999 8:47 AM
Subject: [gtk-list] FW: Re: GLib 1.2.2

Hi Robert or anyone may help me.

I have the same problem to configure the gtk+-1.2.* too.

When I try:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

it's working fine and finally GTK had installed. But when I compiled a
simple program which in the tutorial, I got a error message something like
unable to find "glibconfig.h". (I'm using RH5.2)

the command line :

gcc base.c -o base 'gtk-config --cflags --libs'

I tough this error message appear because of the configured GLIB* and GTK*
wrongly. I re-installed RH5.2, and try to compiled a program(without upgrade
or install new GLIB and GTK), I got the same error message too.

I have been configured GTK for few week but still didn't get it done. Please
help me!

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
This should do the trick, assuming you installed your Glib1.2.2 under
/usr/local/ ...
Greetings
* >Robert

Cyril Déchelette <cde@multizoom.com> on 05/12/99 07:59:21 AM