RE: [gtk-list] Re: Unidentified subject!

hi,
english is not my first language, and thats probably why you are not
understanding me.
the thing is:
	when i run the command "tar xvf glib-1.2.2.tar", it creats
subsequent dirs under the place where 	i am, so if i am in /usr it
creats the /usr/glib-1.2.2 and so on.
is this the correct thing? can i untar them any where and them make the
link to my libs?

since my comp is very slow, i'm trying to avoid having to compile things
again.

i'll describe now what i'he done so far:
	mkdir /usr/gtk+
	mkdir /usr/glib
	cp glib-1.2.2.tar /usr/glib
	cp gtk+-1.2.2.tar /usr/gtk+
	cd /usr/glib
		configure
		make
	make install
	cd /usr/gtk+
		configure
		make
	make install
then i change to a dir with same sources and
	ggc code.c -o code 'gtk-config --glibs --cflags'
and it devolded many "parsing errors".
then i joined the mailing list
so i tryed adding "/usr/gtk" + "/usr/glib" to /etc/ld.so.conf file and
then run ldconfig
and once again did
	ggc code.c -o code 'gtk-config --glibs --cflags'
still it devolded many "parsing errors", and warnings

is there a way to fix it with out having to compile things again???

thanks rui