Label parse_uline in gtk--

Gtk_Label::parse_uline returns void in gtk-- but it seems to return
guint in GTK+. How come?

I am having a really hard time figuring out how to correctly use the
accelerator (short cut) stuff as easily as possible. It is not
mentioned in the tutorial and the reference manual is empty. Is there
somewhere that I can dig up this information, or will I just have to
experiment?

Ideally I would like to just put an underscore in a label and then
have it all happen automatically, but it seems like this is not really
possible?
--
Mvh. Anders