[gtk-list] Re: GTK Compiling problem ! DESPERATE ! PLEASE HE

I didn't originally post the message to start of this thread but I also have the same problem.

In my case (and I assume that of the original post) the following is what happens:

Glib-1.2.2 - goes OK.  ./configure, make , make install.
Gtk+-1.2.2  - ./configure OK, begins the make but dies with the following

./libs/libgtk.so: undefined reference to 'dgettext'
make[2]: ***[testgtk] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/gtk+-1.2.2/gtk'
make[1]: ***[all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/gtk+-1.2.2'
make: ***[all-recursive-am] Error 2
$

I saw a post to get and install the GNU gettext program to solve the problem.  Unfortunately, in my case, I already have that program installed and my Gtk+-1.2.2 compile and install (failure) was carried out after the gettext was done.

>>> <Robert_Gasch/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.com> 3 May 1999 4:15:14 am >>>

Please supply us with the actual output of what's going wrong ... it
should enable us to make a more educated guess ...