Re: [gtk-list] specialized timeout

   I'm attempting to create a function which will pause for some given amount
   of time, or until some event is received (like the user pressing a key).
   The use for this is doing parenthesis matching ala emacs where you pause up
   to a second unless a key is pressed.  Since the text widget needs to have its
   point moved back to the end paren that was just entered before inserting any
   more keys, I need this timeout function to run outside of the gtk_main()
   loop.  Can anyone suggest a strategy?

I wasn't able to find documentation, but there is a gtk_timeout_add
function in gtkmain.c that looks like what you want.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002