Re: Tooltips bug

Drazen Kacar <dave@srce.hr> writes:

> I've spent several hours trying to change default background color in
> tooltips, without success. The main source of confusion was that glade
> managed to do that and I couldn't, although the code was the same.
> But that was an old version of glade, built against the GTK 1.0.6.
> I've compiled glade 0.4.0 with GTK 1.2.1 and now glade's tooltips
> also have gray background instead of yellow.
>
> In GTK source, gtk_set_tooltips_colors looks like this:
>
> if (background != NULL)
>     tooltips->foreground = foreground;
> if (foreground != NULL)
>     tooltips->background = background;
>
> This looks like a bug, but providing both colors doesn't help, either.
> Can somebody confirm the behaviour on other systems?

These functions are deprecated and non-functional. (Tooltips
shouldn't be a different color for each application...)

The right way to set tooltips colors is to do something like
the following in a gtkrc file:

===
style "gtk-tooltips-style" {
  bg[NORMAL] = "#ffffc0"
}

widget "gtk-tooltips" style "gtk-tooltips-style"
===

Actually, GTK+ should really have yellow tooltips by
default; perhaps we should put this in $prefix/etc/gtk/gtkrc
when we install.

Regards,
                                        Owen