Tooltips bug

I've spent several hours trying to change default background color in
tooltips, without success. The main source of confusion was that glade
managed to do that and I couldn't, although the code was the same.
But that was an old version of glade, built against the GTK 1.0.6.
I've compiled glade 0.4.0 with GTK 1.2.1 and now glade's tooltips
also have gray background instead of yellow.

In GTK source, gtk_set_tooltips_colors looks like this:

if (background != NULL)
    tooltips->foreground = foreground;
if (foreground != NULL)
    tooltips->background = background;

This looks like a bug, but providing both colors doesn't help, either.
Can somebody confirm the behaviour on other systems?

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.