Re: [gtk-list] HTML widget for GTK+ (not GNOME)

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, James Macnicol wrote:
> 	I would like to have an HTML widget in a GTK+ application I'm
> writing and I know Gtk-XmHTML is available to those who are using
> GNOME, but is one available unbundled and can be used with GTK+ alone?

Download Gnome. Copy gnome-libs/gtk-xmhtml to another directory. Tweak
Makefile. Ship with your application. :-)

Gnome does not affect you here, since there's little chance of something
like GtkXmHTML being folded into Gtk, you would have to obtain and ship it
yourself in any case.

FWIW you can do this with any Gnome widget, it's just kind of easier to
use the gnome-libs package.

Havoc

(However, you might keep in mind that GtkXmHTML is far behind the upstream
XmHTML and will probably be abandoned in favor of Mozilla at some point.
But I don't know the details on Mozilla.)