file globbing

I'm writing a program in which I want a menu built based on the contents
of a directory (one item per file).  I looked at the code for
fileselection dialog to see how it built its file list, and it uses a host
of cmpl* functions.  Where are these functions located?  Are they part of
glib or gtk?  Specifically, I'm looking for the .c file(s) containing the
implementation for these.

Of course, if there's an easier way to do file globbing in C, I'm all
ears.  (csh has a glob command, but I couldn't find an equivalent for the
actual C language. :(

I'm using glib/gtk 1.2.0, if it matters.

Dan
/___ \____________/ __ \  | dkressin@acm.org                  |
    \  \    /      /  \ | | Lead Programmer/Analyst           |
 ___/ __\/\/rench_ \__/ | | University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh |
\____/            \____/  | www.mio.uwosh.edu/~kressd11/      |