Re: [gtk-list] Re: Why not usenet?

Johan Groth wrote:

> If you use Netscape for reading mails it can thread the messages for
> you, both in mail and news. I use it everyday.
>
> ///Johan

  Same here. In the past few years I have noticed the annoying
trend of getting the same old programs (and a few new) redesigned
from scratch as opposed to designing something 'new' (which is
even more challenging). No wonder the world complains about the
lack of certain applications in Linux :-( I don't even care if
I have to pay for it as long as it *exists* and covers my
needs.

			Cheerios,
				Emilio

PS. As for usenet, it would be nice, I also get swamped by lots
    of emails :-( but then, I don't get SPAM on the list (not
    that I don't get spam though...). Unfortunately another
    disadvantage of Usenet is that the address in your post
    gets harvested by spammers, and using a broken down address
    such as smartguy@no.spam.yourdom.ain is simply too annoying
    to respond. And one of these days the spam harvesters will
    learn to use regular expressions to remove the fake part
    of the email address.
--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands