Re: [gtk-list] Re: Relative mouse motion?

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Janne Lof wrote:

> > Save a couple of variables with the position of the last event, then
> > compute the delta yourself when you get the next event. The GnomeCanvas
> > test in test-gnome works like this...
> >

> I have used this method before, but it's not good enough.
> Unfortunately it doesnt work when the cursor hits border of
> the window (or display) when mouse is moved 'too far' into one
> direction.

What doesn't work about it? I'm sure there's a workaround. You may need to
grab the pointer or monitor enter/leave events.

You have to do something like this though; in this respect Gtk is only a
thin wrapper around X, and X will not give you relative coordinates.

Havoc