Re: [gtk-list] Re: how can I trust glib when it has so manymemleaks?

I am curious as to what the performance improvement is with
the cached memory chunks in glib verses just using malloc/free.
I seem to remember reading the the malloc/free on Linux already
caches memory chunks instead of releasing them back to the OS.

Has anyone run any statistics on the speed (CPU and Wall Clock time)
on various platforms to see if it really improves things?