Re: [gtk-list] Re: how can I trust glib when it has so manymemleaks?

Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> Hi, Ionutz
>
> > Thanks. Applied the patch; now waiting for the compilation to finish.
> > Can you explain me please in more detail what are these #define
> > controling ?
> >
> > What is the difference w/o ENABLE_MEM_PROFILE_EXCLUDES_MEM_CHUNKS ?
>
> All memory allocated from a mem chunk (or for creating a mem chunk) is not
> counted. This should pretty much yield, what you're looking for, but if
> you're for example creating a list node and forget to free it, you will
> not notice that as it will come from a memory chunk. (at least IIRC).

Yes, it looks like this is what I was looking after. Now the
g_mem_profile reports this:

GLib-INFO: 2 allocations of 3 bytes

GLib-INFO: 24 allocations of 4 bytes

GLib-INFO: 5 allocations of 8 bytes

GLib-INFO: 1 allocations of 9 bytes

GLib-INFO: 4 allocations of 16 bytes

GLib-INFO: 1 allocations of 32 bytes

GLib-INFO: 3 allocations of 33 bytes

GLib-INFO: 1 allocations of 39 bytes

GLib-INFO: 385 bytes allocated

GLib-INFO: 385 bytes freed

GLib-INFO: 0 bytes in use

But from what you say I have to understand that there is no perffect
solution, as this can still hide some memory leaks. Right ?

TIA,

Ionutz