Re: [gtk-list] GLib-1.2 on HP-UX 10.20

Hi, Emilio

>    I was trying to configure GLib-1.2.0 on an HP-UX 10.20 system
> and it either fails saying it cannot find Posix threads or that
> I have no thread implementation.
>
> Neither of the above are correct, HP-UX 10.20 *does* have
> Posix threads (although pthread_getspecific has a different
> prototype). The problem is that typical HP it has to do things
> differently, the pthread_*() functions are not in libpthread
> but in libdce.sl !!!
>
> So, how do I go around getting this thing to recognize that
> it does have Posix threads?

That seem to be dce threads (an old posic draft). This is not supported
good in glib 1.2.x, but will be in 1.4.x. Please mail me your
/usr/include/pthread.h and the output of "nm /usr/lib/libdce.sl". I'll
have a look into this then. But I don't suppose I'll add support to 1.2.x.

Bye,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå