Re: [gtk-list] Re: how can I trust glib when it has so manymemleaks?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> No, Unix-ish systems won't let you do that. All the memory is freed by the
> operating system when the program is terminated. However the memory is
> never explicitly freed by the program itself, and this is what ccmalloc
> checks.

Please detail one thing here: memory is alocated by my program using
glib. You say UNIX will free  all the memory. Why isn't it freeing the
memory allocated by glib also ? What is the use of ccmalloc if memory is
freed by system when my program finishes ? Just to ensure that my
program doesn't grow too much while running ?

(I'm already conffused about all this stuff.)

TIA,

Ionutz