Re: style bg_pixmaps and gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd@Op.Net> writes:

> Any ideas on how I can use the pixmaps created by/for a style as a
> mask in gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask() without getting a BadMatch
> error from the Xserver ?
>
> I suspect its caused by the fact that the window for the widget
> doesn't match the NULL window used to create the pixmap.

A mask needs to have a depth of 1 bit. (That is transparent/
non-transparent)

Unless you are running a black-and-white Xserver, the
pixmaps loaded by the RC file are not going to have
a depth of 1...

You could load

 style->rc_style->bg_pixmap_name[state]

yourself with gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm(),
and then get both the pixmap and mask for the file,
but in general this operation doesn't make a lot of sense
for me.

 - If you want to use a pixmap and mask in your program
   explicitely, there is no reason to go through an
   RC file. Just load them directly.

 - If you want shaped bg pixmaps for widgets, use
   the pixmap theme engine which is meant to handle
   such things.

Regards,
                                        Owen