Re: Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 06:55:53PM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> > > Signal 11 error ?
> > >
> > > i guess it is a generalized problem, since gnome-panel crashes also, and
> > > strangely, it even crahses the server when i relaunch it a second time, after
> > > few seconds ... :(
> > >

> > perhaps completely unrelated, but I had a few programs recently that crash
> > apparently in malloc() or similar. The programs are precompiled binaries from
> > the RH 5.1 packages - pine (without X) and acm(acms to be exact). Anyone tried
> > these with a recent kernel release? It might be more related to brk() - I had
> > similar crashes when I tried to run xemacs-19.13 which resulted from the fact
> > that brk returned addresses above 2GB.
> >
> > I hadn't time to recompile them yet..
>
> Possible we should wait for the newer egcs, hopefully it will fix this nasty bugs.

how long will we have to wait ?

but i think something went really bad with my X install, now X crashes every
time, few seconds after being launched, i will try uninstalling my gnome stuff,
and reinstalling X, any chance that it is caused by installing glibc2.1 ? i
compiled X with previous versions of glibc ?

and no, i had no time to launch myself in a more complete afb X server
debuggign:(...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER