Re: Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 03:12:27PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > i have been noticing that the color_selection widget from gtk1.2 (but also
> > gtk1.1) is crashing my X server (XF68_FBDEV 3.3.3.1, on top of amifb).
> >
> > I don't know if this is an X server bug, a bug in gtk1.2, not handling well
> > planar displays, or even a egcs bug when building gtk or the X server ...
>
> If the X server crahses its an X server bug. X11 is required to send you an
> error for anything stupid you tell it to do

Signal 11 error ?

i guess it is a generalized problem, since gnome-panel crashes also, and
strangely, it even crahses the server when i relaunch it a second time, after
few seconds ... :(

Kars de Jong tells me it is a afb planar bug triggered by shared memory
extension.

Who should i be in contact with to solve this, or to help me solve it myself ?

Frriendly,

Sven LUTHER