Re: [gtk-list] Re: double buffering

The title is "Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDK" and is, of
course, by Eric Harlow. The ISBN is 0-7357-0021-4. Eric could have told
you this much, but I responded just to provide an outside voice to give
you my opinion. And that is that Eric's book is very good, and very
useful. It goes through part of Glib, GDK, and all of the major GTK+
widgets. It has some cool stuff like double-buffering, and provides an
example of using that in a game (clone of Defender). The part that I find
most useful about the book, since I never found docs on this before (just
examples in GNOME and stuff), was the section on writing your own widgets.
The book is extremely useful for anyone wanting to get into really writing
GTK+. Good job, Eric!

Cody