Re: [gtk-list] gtkrc and tooltips

"Brian J. Murrell" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am playing a bit with the gtkrc stuff.  While I could get some changes
> to work, I seem to have a bit of an understanding problem.  The first
> thing I wanted to do was change the colors of the tooltip boxes to make
> them stand out a bit.  So in my ~/.gtkrc file I put:
>
>    style "tooltip"
>    {
>            bg[NORMAL]={1.0, 0, 0}
>            fg[NORMAL]={0, 1.0, 0}
>    }
>
>    widget_class "*.GtkTooltips.*" style "tooltip"
>
> But they are still boring old black text on grey background.  I have
> tried many different permutations of the widget_class such as
> "GtkTooltips", "*GtkTooltips*", and combinations of the *.  No joy.  If
> I do something like:
>
>    widget_class "GtkWindow" style "tooltip"
>
> some of my windows will come up green on red.
>
> Any ideas why this is not working for GtkTooltips?

Tooltips are a special case, as it is not the GtkTooltips which is displayed
but the GtkWindow which the GtkTooltips creates. But the names of all these are
set to "gtk-tooltips" so you can do this:

style "tooltips"
{
  font = "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-240-*-*-*-*-*-*"
  fg[NORMAL] = { 0, 0, 58000 }                  # blue
  bg[NORMAL] = { 65000, 65000, 40000 }                  # yellow
}

# Set Tooltips (GTK 1.1).
widget "gtk-tooltips" style "tooltips"

Damon