gtkrc and tooltips

Hello,

I am playing a bit with the gtkrc stuff.  While I could get some changes
to work, I seem to have a bit of an understanding problem.  The first
thing I wanted to do was change the colors of the tooltip boxes to make
them stand out a bit.  So in my ~/.gtkrc file I put:

   style "tooltip"
   {
           bg[NORMAL]={1.0, 0, 0}
           fg[NORMAL]={0, 1.0, 0}
   }

   widget_class "*.GtkTooltips.*" style "tooltip"

But they are still boring old black text on grey background.  I have
tried many different permutations of the widget_class such as
"GtkTooltips", "*GtkTooltips*", and combinations of the *.  No joy.  If
I do something like:

   widget_class "GtkWindow" style "tooltip"

some of my windows will come up green on red.

Any ideas why this is not working for GtkTooltips?

BTW:  I am using gimp as my reference app. in trying to see the changes.

P.S.:  Are there any tools out there for making style type changes
interactively (click on widget, then pick style changes) and then saving
them to an rc file?

It sure would be handy if the list archives were searchable eh?

Thanx,
b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX