Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server

Hello, ...

i have been noticing that the color_selection widget from gtk1.2 (but also
gtk1.1) is crashing my X server (XF68_FBDEV 3.3.3.1, on top of amifb).

I don't know if this is an X server bug, a bug in gtk1.2, not handling well
planar displays, or even a egcs bug when building gtk or the X server ...

I include in attachement a complete bug report, containing a little gtk program
trigering the bug, the fbset -i output, the sdpkg output for glibc, gtk and
other such, the output of strace on the program, and the output of the crashing
X server ( not sure how i could make it more verbose ....)

could someone please try the little included program (just type make to build
it ...) on the following systems :

* a latest debian/ppc system on amiga/apus, but on a graphic card.

* a amiga/apus system but with linuxppc or self build stuff.

* a debian/ppc system with non amiga/apus hardware.

* a debian/m68k.

i hope this is the right way to do it,

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER