Re: [gtk-list] Re: still need help

Roland Bock wrote:

> arik devens wrote:
> > gcc -Wall -g helloworld.c -o hello_world `gtk-config --cflags` \
> > `gtk-config --libs`
> >
> > on the first tutorial is giving me an error of:
> > gcc: -L/usr/lib file not found
>
> Hi!
> I have similar errors when I omit the space before \. Maybe you have
> done so too, without knowing. Try writing the whole command in one line
> (without the \ of course).
>
> If it still does not work, fill in the output of the two gtk-config
> commands manually, to iterate yourself to a solution.
>
> Greetings,
> Roland Bock
>
> --
The \ maybe shouldn't be in the tutorial since it's meant for those new
to Unix/Linux as well as experienced users. It's just a mark to denote a
line that's longer than can fit on the screen without a newline. Emacs
uses it for this, I don't know about other editors. So just use
`gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config --libs` and you shouldn't have any
problems.
--
		Stephen