Software design question (pthread or special widget)?
- From: "David J. Topper" <topper virginia edu>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: Software design question (pthread or special widget)?
- Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:15:42 -0500
I'm writing a front end to a real-time synthesis engine called RTcmix
(http://www.music.columbia.edu/cmix). I already have an application set
up to control synthesis parameters via sliders. But I'd like the
ability to read pitch data either from the MIDI port OR from a slider.
My two options seem to be:
1. Use pthreads to create a new thread for my MIDI parser
2. Create a special widget to read MIDI data
I think I can handle the former, but somehow the idea of the latter is
exciting. Anyone have some ideas / input? I'm a bit at a loss to go
about writing my own widget.
Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
Programmer / Analyst, Dean's Office (School of A&S)
] [Thread Prev