Re: [gtk-list] Re: HELP PLEASE!

Damon Chaplin wrote:

> Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
>
> > I need to create a window. This window should contain some widgets. These
> > widgets will be *fixed* size boxes (i.e. a text box). The widgets are
> > connected to each other with lines. To be exact, these boxes represent
> > modules and the lines are pipes that connect the modules.
> >
> > What I need to do (and don't know how) now is:
> > 1 - create a new widget (the box). This widget has fixed a width and height
> > and should be possible to move with the mouse.
> > 2 - draw lines to these widgets
>
> This looks like a job for GnomeCanvas. You can add widgets, lines and other
> shapes to it and scroll it any which way. But it isn't in GTK+. It's in Gnome.
>
> GtkLayout, which GnomeCanvas is based on, is in GTK+, but it only supports
> child widgets. You'll have to handle the lines yourself.
>
> I think there was a nice program called dia for editing diagrams, which is
> similar to yours. There's probably a link to it in the GTK+ Application
> Repository.

Dia is at:

 http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/dia.html

I've been working with the DIA canvas for a week now and I'm trying to
separate the Canvas from DIA. I don't have it on a home-page or
something, but if you like a copy (it already works in my app, I only
have to strip it some more :). Take a look at DIA and decide...