Re: [gtk-list] Re: wheel support, was: Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Ben Darnell wrote:

> Nils Philippsen wrote:
>
> > While we're at it, some kind of improve wheel support would be nice (maybe not
>
> I would also like to request support for scrolling with the Logitech Trackman
> Marble FX.  For those of you that don't know, it's a 4-button trackball.  With
> the Windows drivers, the fourth button is by default used for scrolling in one of
> two ways:

This is probably more of an X thing than a GTK+ thing. I've got a Logitech
Marble+, but I've seen and used the one you're talking about, but not with
Linux. The Marble+ is the thumb-driven trackball with a wheel.  I suspect
that possibly using the scroll button makes the Marble FX send 4 & 5 mouse
clicks instead of normal mouse movement, in which case you shouldn't need
a special driver.

http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/#gtk for more info, but
it basically says that some hacks are in 1.1.14, and full support will be
in 1.3-1.4. However, this will get you started, especially in getting your
X server setup correctly.

--
Andy Dustman                    You should always say "spam" and "eggs"
ComStar Communications Corp.                 instead of "foo" and "bar"