Re: [gtk-list] wheel support, was: Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 04:01:30PM +0100, Nils Philippsen was heard to say:
> Hi, there,
>
> While we're at it, some kind of improve wheel support would be nice (maybe not
> important, but nice). E.g. now I only can use the wheel if the mouse is
> directly over the scrollbar (rather suboptimal), in my eyes this should be
> improved (at least in 1.3/1.4), i even can think of a solution which shouldn't
> break binary compatibility for 1.2, but would be kind of a real sick hack. Ask
> me if you dare :-)
>
> I will try to do it, but I would like to have some comments first.

  I suspect I'm totally missing something but bear with me. :-)  My
understanding is that with the advent of 1.2, all scrolling stuff gets contained
in a "scrolled window".  So shouldn't it be possible to just override the
Mouse Button 4/5 events for that window to provide wheel support?  I'm not
that clear on the internals of GTK+, though.

  Daniel

--
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not
become a monster.  And when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks