novice: Checking what item is selected in a optionmenu

	Hi gtk-list
How can i check what item/option is selected in an optionmenu? For example:
I have an optionmenu and a button. I then wants the button to start a function
when clicked(no problem). This function should 'printf' the state of the optionmenu(this
is the problem).
It looks like these items behave like the gtk radiobuttons, but I cant check
if they are "active".

I am running GTK 1.2 and GNU C on a S.u.S.E. Linux 6.1 system.

Thanks ...

Aslak Johansen
cornersite@crosswinds.net
http://www.crosswinds.net/denmark/~cornersite/