gtk_text_insert causes segfault

It seems that gtk_text_insert consistently causes a segfault when you give
it a null string - of course it was easy enough to build in not to call that
if the string I wanted to print happened to be null, but is that the kind of
thing that GTK would want to watch for itself, or something that the
programmer should watch out for himself?

char *foobar = NULL;
gtk_text_insert(GTK_TEXT(some_text_widget), NULL, NULL, NULL,
		foobar, strlen(foobar));
--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/