Re: [gtk-list] glib problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Hutchinson <marcus3@imaginaryforces.com>
To: gtk-list@redhat.com <gtk-list@redhat.com>
Date: 16 June 1999 03:53
Subject: [gtk-list] glib problem

>hiya
>
>I am trying to install gtk on an SGI Unix box running 6.5.3
>
>it tells me during "make install" that I need GLIB 1.2.0
>so I got it from the gtk website, when I try to install it "./configure"
>
>it tells me the following:
>
>checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... 25698:./conftest: rld: Warning:
>Version Search Suppressed in ./conftest Because Object libgmodule-1.2.so
>in liblist has non-sgi interface version (0.0)

I've had problems similar to this on IRIX.  Shared libraries in the GTK and
GLIB packages are built using GNU libtool.  Unfortunately the version of
libtool used in GTK/GLIB 1.2.0 doesn't know about SGI shared library
versioning.  The simplest way to fix this is to grab the latest version of
libtool (1.3, I think) from ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libtool and install it.  (I
think libtool requires perl, so you'll need that too if you don't have it
already.)  Then type

    libtoolize --force

in the top-level GLIB and GTK source directories, and rerun ./configure.
Now when you build things the SGI library versions should be dealt with
correctly.

Hope this works -- I can't be completely sure if I remember the details
correctly.

Glenn