Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText widget

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Kari Kumpulainen wrote:

> Gert wrote:
>
> > Then there is this, why can't you delete (gtk_editable_delete_text()) text
> > from a widget that isn't inside the screen (The widget scrolls itself to
> > that place.). This is _very_ inconvenient if you (I) want to append
> > lines and delete the same number of lines from the beginning .... :(
>
> I have noticed the same problem. I thought the problem was in my code.
> Is there any way to prevent this? Does any other widget have ability
> to show long text? I use text widget to display log messages from
> several
> applications, and I have limited the buffer size to 10 KB. The buffer
> operates with FIFO principle. The widget starts to scroll back and forth
> when
> the buffer becomes full first time.

You could use the GtkList widget, and add/remove line for line (don't know
if that widget has the same problem as the GtkText thought).
I can't use it, because I need color and stuff ... (MOO/MUD output)

> -- Kari

  Gert

   ~     Gert, Gs2, The Blue Mage - whatever you prefer
  'v'    E-Mail   : Gs2@dds.nl
 // \\   Computer : nowmoo.demon.nl
/(   )\  Project  : gMOO, a MOO (and MUD) client for the unises
 ^`~'^   HomePage : http://www.nowmoo.demon.nl