atexit()

Hello all. Thanks to Ronan Bourlier for the tip on getting my program to
load its libraries.

Now I have another question. I have another program I downloaded from
the web that I am trying to build, and it errors out with " #error Could
not determine proper atexit() implementation ". I looked at the file
that output the error and put in a workaround (#define ATEXIT
g_atexit()) in all the *.c files, but I would like to know what it is
looking for. Does anyone know what to do with atexit(), or better yet
where I could go to search for answers to questions like these? I have
been in the reference / documentation pages, but is there a way to
search?

After this workaround, it fails in the linker with undefined references:

[ken@acerlinux src]$ make
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_get_active'
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_get_active'
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_set_active'
undefined reference to `gtk_container_set_border_width'
undefined reference to `gtk_container_set_border_width'
undefined reference to `gtk_container_set_border_width'
undefined reference to `gtk_clist_set_shadow_type'
undefined reference to `gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport'
undefined reference to `gtk_container_set_border_width'
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_set_active'
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_set_active'
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_set_active'
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_set_active'
undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_set_active'
more undefined references to `gtk_toggle_button_set_active' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I tried a test program with gtk_toggle_get_active() and
gtk_toggle_set_active() and it also compiled before it failed to link.
What am I not doing?

Ken