Re: atexit()

Ken Pritchard <kenneth.pritchard@brite.com> writes:

> Hello all. Thanks to Ronan Bourlier for the tip on getting my program to
> load its libraries.
>

> Now I have another question. I have another program I downloaded from
> the web that I am trying to build, and it errors out with " #error Could
> not determine proper atexit() implementation ". I looked at the file
> that output the error and put in a workaround (#define ATEXIT
> g_atexit()) in all the *.c files, but I would like to know what it is
> looking for. Does anyone know what to do with atexit(), or better yet
> where I could go to search for answers to questions like these? I have
> been in the reference / documentation pages, but is there a way to
> search?
>
> After this workaround, it fails in the linker with undefined references:
>
> [ken@acerlinux src]$ make
> undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_get_active'

You almost certainly have multiple versions of GTK+ installed
in different places on your system, and the compilation
is finding some of one, some of another.

(The automake macros that come with GTK+ will actually
 detect this problem if used to build a program, but it
 doesn't sound like the program you are trying to build
 is using them.)

Regards,
                                        Owen