How to set scrollbar values? (gtk limitation?)

Hi folks,

I'd really like to have either of the following:

1.  A scrollbar with indexed values displayed on its side:

| | 11:58
|X| 11:59
| | 12:00
| | 01:00

2.  A scrollbar which will allow me to display the value of my choice,
at different levels.

| |		| |
|X| Green	| |
| | 		| |
| | 		|X| Yellow

Please tell me there's some way to do this?  It's a pretty big
limitation if we can't.  Take Netscape Calendar for example, how can you
set a scrollbar to use for setting the time of an appointment?

It seems impossible to do the above with a simple scale widget.

Thanks,

DT
--
Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
Programmer / Analyst, Dean's Office (School of A&S)