Re: [gtk-list] How to set scrollbar values? (gtk limitation?)

In message <3761320D.D090E795@virginia.edu>you write:
>Hi folks,
>
>I'd really like to have either of the following:
>
>1.  A scrollbar with indexed values displayed on its side:
>
>| | 11:58
>|X| 11:59
>| | 12:00
>| | 01:00

Stick a CList next to the scale widget. Use a shared adjustment. When
the value of the adjustment changes, reset the text of each visible
row of the CList.

Something like that. I've never done this, but I bet it would work.

That said, in Quasimodo, my approach to such things has been to
abandon stock (visible) widgets and use sets of pixmaps controlled by
an Adjustment.

>| |		| |
>|X| Green	| |
>| | 		| |
>| | 		|X| Yellow

This seems fairly easy, using a similar trick to above. To get better
than font baseline resolution, you'll have to scroll the CList a
little as you go, but you could just ensure that only one row of the
list has any text at any point in time.

In general, I think that the sets-of-pixmaps idea is much easier (and
computationally cheaper as well, I think).

--p