Re: [gtk-list] Re: Image in a drawing area to .xpm

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Jay Park wrote:
> Yes, that function does make a image.  But the problem is it ONLY
> makes the visible part of drawable widget.  That is, if you have
> bigger area than displayed area or you move the window to the corner
> so just the part of window would be shown, converted image is ONLY
> from what you can see NOT whole drawable!! =( Is there a way I can
> make that works so I can get whole image?

The X server just throws away the obscured parts - that's why you have to
refresh the drawing area when you get expose events. So there's no way to
get those pixels since they aren't stored.

If you're keeping a backing pixmap, you could use that though.

Havoc