Re: [gtk-list] Re: Image in a drawing area to .xpm

Previously, you (Havoc Pennington) wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 1999, Daniel J. Kressin wrote:
> >
> > I believe he wants to go the opposite direction (i.e. Take a drawing
> > area's contents and write it to a file, xpm format).
> >

> Oh, oops. I should read better. :-)
>
> Looks like gdk_imlib_create_image_from_drawable() might work.
>
> Havoc

Yes, that function does make a image.  But the problem is it ONLY makes the visible part of drawable widget.  That is, if you have bigger area than displayed area or you move the window to the corner so just the part of window would be shown, converted image is ONLY from what you can see NOT whole drawable!! =(  Is there a way I can make that works so I can get whole image?

Jay