Re: [gtk-list] Problems compiling with gtk.

Thus spoke Andreas Eriksson
> Hi, im running slackware 3.6 with 2.2.4 kernel and i have compiled =
> gtk+1.2.3. When I'm  trying to compile gnome-libs it tells me that i =
> haven't gtk installed, when looking in config.log there are ALOT of =
> errors ...

Do you have an old version of Gtk installed?  Check for gtk-config under
/usr/bin.  If it's there, run "gtk-config --version" and see what it says.
If it says Gtk 1.0.x then you have an old version hanging around that you
need to get rid of first.

If the problem isn't that an old version is installed, it might be that
you've installed 1.2 in a directory that isn't in your default library
search path.  Run "ldconfig -p | grep gtk" and see if the libs show up.  If
not, try running (as root) "ldconfig".  Then check with ldconfig -p again.
If its still not there, then try adding the directory the GTK libs are in
(I'm guessing, but are they under /usr/local/lib?) to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
such as

% LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to