using gtkfilesel across perm=--x directories

Hi.

Assumes the following path:

	/.../d1/d2/ff

All directories before d1 have at least r-x permissions from our point
of view.  d1 has --x permissions, d2 has r-x permissions, and file ff
has r-w permissions.  I found no way to access files such as ff with
gtkfilesel.

I tried this with applications linked with the gtk+-1.0.6-3.i386.rpm
or gtk+-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm packages.

I don't believe file such as /.../d1/ff are accessible this way either.

Have I missed something?
If not, is this a bug?
If it is so, is it fixed in a more recent version?

Thanks.

Charles