Re: [gtk-list] Xlib: unexpected async reply

In article <3797AD27.C8D1E32@ssf.fi>
Kari.Kumpulainen@ssf.fi writes:

>When there is data on socket, my SW receives a signal (SIGUSR1),
>which I handle directly. The GTK+ "core" is not at all effected.
>Could this be the problem? On the other hand, I have a glib timer,
>which I use to update other part of the GUI every second.

I guess your app is calling a gtk function from a signal hander.
It's unsafe to call a gtk function from a signal handler because
it may cause asynchronous reentries, I think.

Akira Higuchi
Dept. of Mathematics, Hokkaido Univ.
Hokkaido, Japan
Email: a-higuti@math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp