Xlib: unexpected async reply

Hi,

I keep getting message

"Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x9e99)!"

in my GTK+ application. Seems to appear easier when I'm
active with the GUI, for example resizing it frequently.
After the message the application hangs up.

My application has async inputs from sockets. Maybe there is
some kind of problem in timing? The application listens for
sockets, and prints the text received on text widget
(GtkText).

When there is data on socket, my SW receives a signal (SIGUSR1),
which I handle directly. The GTK+ "core" is not at all effected.
Could this be the problem? On the other hand, I have a glib timer,
which I use to update other part of the GUI every second.
Seems that the timer does not cause the problem, since everything
runs ok until I start to play with the GUI.

I guess when I resize the GUI, it sometimes happens that while
the text widget is being redrawn, data comes from the socket, and
the signal handler again tries to update the text widget.
Does this sound reasonable, and how could I prevent this?

-- Kari
Kari Kumpulainen               tel (+358) 9 6132 8621
Space Systems Finland Ltd      fax (+358) 9 6132 8699
Kappelitie 6                   http://www.ssf.fi
02200 Espoo                    Kari.Kumpulainen@ssf.fi
FINLAND