Reparenting bug

Hi all

I think I found a bug in the reparenting of widgets. Is there a better
place to post this? This is with gtk+-1.2.3-1 on RedHat 6.0 on an Alpha.

My app has a spinbutton inside a table that I want to reparent.
When I reparent the table and put it into a new window, all is fine.
When I reparent the table again, putting it in its previous place, the up
and down buttons of the spinbutton remains in the second window.

All the other widgets in the table are displayed just fine.

The code that does this is inside the signal-handler of a toggle button,
and goes roughly like this:

void reparent_clicked (GtkToggleButton *button,
                  GtkWidget *table)
{ GtkWidget *window;

  if (button->active)
   {  window=gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
      gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (window), "New window");
      gtk_widget_reparent(table,window);
      gtk_widget_show(window);
    }
  else
    { window=table->parent;
      gtk_widget_reparent(table,notebook);
      gtk_widget_destroy(window);
    }
}

The original parent of the table was a notebook.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Cheers

Conrad

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2964 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |