Re: [gtk-list] gcc-2.8.1 (was Re: Unidentified subject!)

Sorry that this is off-topic for this list, but I feel compelled to point
out that this is not necessarily true. I have been using gcc-2.8.1 to
compile the Linux kernel for the last 3 stable versions at least and have
had no problems (other than more warnings than with previous versions).
No idea about egcs though - you're probably right.

Compiling gcc-2.8.1 is not particularly difficult so long as you keep
your previous gcc hanging around until you're sure you have installed
everything properly - and you _read_the_instructions_. But using the Red
Hat package is probably the sensible thing to do, especially if you're not
used to "rolling your own"...

- Andrew