Re: [gtk-list] Re: Force refresh/exposure

On 20 Jul 1999, Anders Melchiorsen wrote:

> > gtk_text_insert() emits "changed" for you.
>
> Might be, but my function is not called. Perhaps it is my own fault
> but it is working when I type input - just not when the program itself
> changes the GtkText buffer.

Hrm, you're right. You have to use gtk_editable_insert_text()  to get the
"changed".

Nonetheless you can't emit it yourself. It does happen to work, for now,
but it's Not Allowed (tm) and subject to breakage in future versions.

This may be part of GtkText's general suckiness. :-)

Havoc