OptionMenu and Menu questions
- From: Ron Forrester <rjf zero-ping com>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: OptionMenu and Menu questions
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:59:41 -0700
I have a couple of questions:
1) I am creating a main menu using the item factory method, which
works great. I now need to dynamically build a top level menu and
insert it into that main menu. For instance, currently I have "File"
and "View" items which are built from the item factory. I will like to
add another menu, "Queries" which I build dynamically whenever
needed. I would prefer to do this at the last moment, i.e. as soon as
the menu widget needs to draw the menu. Is this possible? Any
2) I need a signal when the user finishes selecting an item in an
Option Menu. I have in the past attached a signal handler to the
'activate' signal of each item in the option menu. But this is
tedious. All I really want to know is when the user has finished
changing the selection, and then in my signal handler ask the option
menu what its [possibly] new selected item is.
Thanks for any help!
] [Thread Prev